To the little one living and growing in my belly, Life has not always gone as expected, but our dream and prayer for you never faded. Extremely grateful to become your momma and cannot wait to meet you. This mom and dad are already so in love with you. See you in November little one!

Ultrasound

Ultrasound
Baby Boy King at 17 weeks and 4 days

About baby and the due date

  • * Zodiac Sign: Scorpio * Half Birthday: May 4 * Birthstone: Yellow Topaz * Birth Flower: Chrysanthemum or Chrysanthemum * Your baby will be born in the Chinese Year of The White Metal Rabbit * Your baby will start kindergarten in 2017, be old enough to drive a car in 2027, finish high school in 2030, and will graduate from college with the class of 2034, give or take a year.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Nausea is gone.....

but has been replaced with tears.  Suddenly I cry over everything:  happy things, sad things, comedies, the Christian radio station, the country radio station, the pop station, having to go to work, the fact that I can't maneuver my car out of the garage because Mark pulled his truck to far into the driveway, and last but not least, the simple fact that I'm in the car alone.  So basically everything.  Hopefully this will be short lived.  At least when I was nauseous I could console myself with food and feel all better.  Either way, the nausea is gone and perhaps I can resume a healthy eating lifestyle.  So that part is good news.  Extremely grateful to have been spared actual morning sickness.  I think I can retire the cheerios I have by the bed back to the kitchen where they belong. 

So I'm in full on baby mode now.  I spend every waking hour thinking about the baby and researching everything.  This could be the only baby I ever have so I just want to make sure I fit in every experience. I want pictures of everything, professional, candid, I want it all.  I want to remember what I was thinking, feeling, talking about, everything.  I want to tell everyone in a way that makes it a surprise for them too, not just say, ok, we're having a baby.  That seems to be Mark's specialty.  He has been coming up with great ways to tell certain people.  I love it.  Now if we didn't have to wait so long to tell mom and dad Barkema.  That part is killing me but doing it in person will be so much more exciting.  Less than 7 weeks till we tell them. 

Thinking about doing the natural childbirth thing, but that would require Mark's participation and it is going to be a struggle just to get him in the room with me.  Not against drugs just think this might be a better experience for me overall to be able to nurse and get up and move around after sooner.  Still reading people's stories and experiences to see what makes sense to me.  I'm in no way trying to be superwoman.  I just don't want to be bullied in the hospital into doing things their way just because that is how they always do it.  (I am still a Barkema after all).  Ordering a Husband Coached book and a Bradley Method book today. 

Trying to get back into a workout schedule of some sort.  Last night's Women's Health video had a little too much bouncing in it (says Mark).  Luckily, I have a gym membership and a ton of other videos so hopefully I will find something that works for all 3 of us :) 

 It is still a little surreal that their is actually a baby in there just growing and hanging out.  Honestly it is a little strange, but for sure exciting.  I'm not sure who talks about the baby more, me or Mark (which kind of brings a tear to my eye).  Mark has morphed from just a husband into a husband and now someone's father.  It is amazing to see and some of the things he wants to do and the things he thinks have actually surprised me.  I am loving that.

I waited a long time to get pregnant.  Things haven't always been easy, getting pregnant sure wasn't, but what perfect timing!  I can't wait to meet this little one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment