To the little one living and growing in my belly, Life has not always gone as expected, but our dream and prayer for you never faded. Extremely grateful to become your momma and cannot wait to meet you. This mom and dad are already so in love with you. See you in November little one!

Ultrasound

Ultrasound
Baby Boy King at 17 weeks and 4 days

About baby and the due date

  • * Zodiac Sign: Scorpio * Half Birthday: May 4 * Birthstone: Yellow Topaz * Birth Flower: Chrysanthemum or Chrysanthemum * Your baby will be born in the Chinese Year of The White Metal Rabbit * Your baby will start kindergarten in 2017, be old enough to drive a car in 2027, finish high school in 2030, and will graduate from college with the class of 2034, give or take a year.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Random things on a Tuesday in May :)

15 weeks and 4 days today.  

Been having strange dreams lately.  I dreamed we had 3 boys at one time and then I insisted we leave the hospital immediately.  Then another night I dreamed my car kept stalling on the railroad tracks.  Last night I dreamed I had the baby but left him at home while I went on this trip with half the people from church.  I wanted to hurry home to feed him but everyone was taking their time and we all road on a bus together.  Very strange. 

We are debating hospital or birthing center for the birth of this baby.  The only thing that has been decided is that I will tour both (with Kendra) and make a decision.  At that point Mark will just go along with it.  So if I decide birthing center none of the ones in the DFW area are covered by our insurance so I will have to go through the process of certifying the one I want to use so they will pay for it.  I think it just might be worth the headache.  Not thrilled with my current doctor as she just rushes me in and out.  I have no idea how much weight I'm supposed to gain, what should be happening with the baby and me from week to week or anything.  The only exception is that I have googled all that so I don't have to ask her a ton of questions she should have already given me answers to.   My personal opinion anyway.  So the reason for the birthing center is for several reasons:  I hate hospitals, I don't want to be bullied by well meaning nurses who are just doing what they are told to do, I don't want to be stuck in a hospital for 24 hours after birth just because that is their stupid rule, I'm not planning to take any drugs, and the birthing center has a whirlpool tub in the room.  Oh and a birthing center is much cheaper. Sounds like a perfect place to me.  The only thing Mark (and me a little too) is concerned about is what happens in an emergency?  But that is just a question I will have to ask when I go visit.  I have already read their reviews and they can handle things like breach babies and even cords wrapped around the neck.  What more could go wrong?  I have been perfectly healthy up to this point.
 
I'm getting bigger and bigger by the day (if not the hour).  I have not gained any weight so far and am at 15 weeks, but my stomach is huge already.  I went shopping for maternity clothes yesterday.  I got the cutest gray cargo pants ever and a pair of black pants for work and 2 t-shirts.  A good enough start I guess.  I already have a few things from a friend too. 

While I have told my boss, the other supervisors and my 2 departments, the rest of the company is slowly finding out about this pregnant woman through the old fashioned way....Gossip and the rumor mill!  One lady insisted I was pregnant to another lady.  The other lady insisted I'm too stuck on my looks and am too obsessed with being skinny to actually let a baby invade my body, so I must just be bloated.  So that's what she really thinks.  Lovely!!!  Well, I'm not too obsessed or bloated.  LOL.  I just think one should take care of themselves no matter the situation...prego or not.  I guess I could have made some sort of announcement at one of our Monday meetings, but honestly at this point it is pretty funny to hear what people really think.

9 days until we leave for Ohio and tell the parents.  I'm really going to have to select creative outfits that hide this belly for 3 whole days until Hannah's graduation is over.  If my belly was not so rounded I could just get away with weight gain.  A sweatshirt in May???  Ok, so I still need to figure this out.  To make it worse I believe a swimming pool is involved for 1 of the days.  Oh my!

That is just a few things that have happened lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment